UPSC IFS Exam Notification 2017 / UPSC Indian Forest Services Exam Notification 2017 / UPSC IFS Exam Notification 2017 / Indian Forest Services (IFS) Recruitment 2017 Apply Online / UPSC IFS Exam Notification 2017 eligibility Criteria & Selection Press for Visit www.upsc.gov.in
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2015 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2017 which will be held on 23rd August, 2017, in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change in the Gazette of India dated 07.08.2017 (SUNDAY)
- UPSC CDS Exam (II) Notification 2017 Apply Online
- UPSC NDA & NA Exam (II) Notification 2017 Apply Online
Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them at different stages of examination process.
UPSC Name of Examination 2017
Indian Forest Services (IFS) Exam 2017
Age Limit – The Applicants must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August, 2017,
Minimum Educational Qualifications – The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
UPSC IFS Plan of Examination
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
- Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only. Candidates who will be declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will have to apply again, in the Online Detailed Application Form which would be made available on the Website of the Commission after declaration of Results of Preliminary Examination. The Main Examination is likely to be held in 07.08.2017 (SUNDAY)
How to Apply – Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination. Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination also, [subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the on-line application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Examination and the Civil Services Examination. Candidates, who will qualify for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, will have to fill in a Detailed Application Form subsequently as per further instructions to be provided to the candidates through the website www.upsconline.nic.inthe Commission.
Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/ she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID
- All candidates, whether already in Government Service, or in Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should submit their applications direct to the Commission
- Persons already in Government service, whether in a permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under Public Enterprises are however, required to inform their Head of Office/Department that they have applied for the Examination
- Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for/ appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidature will be liable to be cancelled.