UPSC Civil Services Exam Notification 2018 Eligibility / UPSC Civil Services Exam Recruitment 2018 Apply Online / UPSC Civil Services Examination 2018 Apply Online / UPSC Civil Services Preliminary & Main Eligibility Criteria / UPSC Civil Services Preliminary & Main Notification 2018 Selection Process
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has going to announce notification for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam Various Department Posts, Applications are soon invited through Online Applications, The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. The Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview / Personality Test
Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission Post Details of the Notification and Online Application and other conditions are contained in the information for candidates which is available on the Commission’s website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in, Civil Services Examination Recruitment Eligible candidates can apply in prescribed application format before 2018, Other details Age limit, educational qualification & how to Apply are given below
UPSC Name of The Service
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Age Limits – A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2018 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984 and not later than 1st August, 1995. Necessary action to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/Regulations pertaining to various services is being taken separately.
Minimum Educational Qualifications – The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
Fee – Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money
in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State
Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of
Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card. Applicants who
opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II
registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only
Physical Standards – Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination, 2018 as per guidelines given in Appendix-III of Rules for Examination published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 2018.
Restrictions on applying for the Examination – A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination. In case such a candidate is appointed to the IAS / IFS after the Preliminary Examination of Civil Services Examination, 2018 is over and he/she continues to be a member of that service, he/she shall not be eligible to appear in the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2018 notwithstanding his/her having qualified in the Preliminary Examination, 2018.
How to Apply – Candidates are required to apply online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website. The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he / she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID..
Notification: not yet announced. we will update after announced