Odisha Police Constable Recruitment 2017 Apply Online / Odisha Police Constable Notification 2017 Selection Process / Odisha Police Constable Notification 2017 Eligibility Criteria at www.odishapolice.gov.in
State Selection Board, Odisha Police, Cuttack is going to Announce Employment Notification for Recruitment of Civil Constable in Odisha Police, Applications are invited from the eligible candidates to fill up Post of Civil Constables in the Dist. / Estts. / Police Commissionerate in prescribed form. The Reservation for Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / S.E.B.C. / Ex-Serviceman / Sports Persons / Home Guards / Group”D” employees working in Police Department and Women candidates of the different categories shall be made in accordance with the provisions made under such Acts, Rules, Orders or instructions as issued by the Govt. from time to time. The number of post advertised may increase at any time.
The applications should reach the concerned Dist./ Estts. / Police Commissionerate on or before the due date. Applications received incomplete or after due date will not be entertained. This Recruitment More Details Age Limit, Education Qualification, Physical Standard, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process
Name of The Post
Age limit – The candidates shall not be below 18 years of age and above 23 years of age as on 01.01.2017 (upper age is relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC & ST & Women candidates). The age limit for Ex-Serviceman shall be relaxed as per Govt. Rules. Similarly, the age limit for Home Guard candidates shall be 28 years of age as on 01.01.2017. Age of a Group ”D” employee, should not exceed 43 years as on 01.01.2017. Candidate can avail only one benefit as indicated above.
Education Qualification – (i) A candidate must have passed +2 examination or equivalent examination conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha or by any other recognised Board / Council (ii) A candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia and must have passed Odia as one of the subject in the High School Certificate examination or an examination in Odia language equivalent to any standard recognised or conducted by the School and Mass Education Department of Govt. of Odisha. (iii) A candidate must have registered his / her name in any one of the Employment Exchange of the concerned District or covering the Dist. for which he / she can apply for the post of Constable before the publication of advertisement for recruitment. A candidate should not register his / her name in more than one employment exchange. (iv) A candidate must not have more than one spouse living, should be of sound health and of good character and free from organic defects and physical deformity. (v) A Group ”D” employee working in Police Department must have completed 5 years of continuous service and have good service record without any major punishment. (vi) A Home Guard Candidates must have completed 3 years of enrolment without any interruption on the date on which the advertisement for recruitment is published and must have under gone the basic course of training for Home Guards.
Examination Fee – The candidates (other than SC/ST candidates) are required to Pay Rs.150/- (Rupees One hundred Fifty) only towards examination fee in shape of Bank Draft / Postal Order. The Bank Draft / Postal Order shall be payable to the concerned Supdt. of Police of the Dist. and Dy.Commissioner of Police (Hqrs.) Bhubaneswar. Application Forms received without Bank Draft / Postal Order, will not be entertained. The S.C. / S.T. candidates are exempted from paying the examination fees.
Physical Measurement – Candidate must have the following physical standard
How to Apply – (i) Irrespective of the category, the candidates intending to apply in Dist. / Police Commissionerate shall pay Rs.35/- (Thirty five) only in shape of Bank Draft / Postal Order towards cost of application forms in the concerned Dist. SsP / Dy. Commissioner of Police (Hqrs.), Bhubaneswar. Apart from this, the application form will be down loaded in the website of Odisha Police www.odishapolice.gov.in. The candidates who have down loaded the application forms from the website shall also pay Rs.35/- in shape of Bank Draft / Postal Order with the application form. The Bank Draft / Postal Order will be in favour of concerned Supdt. of Police of the Dist. / Dy.Commissioner of Police (Hqrs.) Bhubaneswar. The application form other than purchased from concerned Dist. Police / Commissionerate Police or down loaded from website shall not be accepted. The application form along with Bank Draft / Postal Order and photo copies of self attested certificates should be sent to the concerned Supdt. of Police of the Dist. / Dy.Commissioner of Police (Hqrs.), Bhubaneswar (T) Post or by hand of the concerned Dist. Police / Commissionerate. The last date for submission of application is 2017. Applications received after 31st January, 2015 shall not be entertained.
Photo copy of required Certificate / document
- Self attested photo copy of age proof (HSC Certificate or equivalent).
- Self attested photo copy of Educational Qualification +2 Certificate or equivalent examination.
- Self attested photo copy of +2 Mark sheet.
- Candidates of SC & ST categories shall enclose self attested photo copy of Caste certificate issued by the competent authority for the purpose of employment.
- Candidate claiming reservation under SEBC category shall enclose self attested photo copy of valid SEBC certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Self attested photo copy for registration of his / her name in the employment exchange (except Group ”D” employee working in Police Department).
- Self attested photo copy of Sports certificates (specified sports event as per Govt. Rule).
- Self attested photo copy of NCC (A, B & C) certificates (for the NCC certificate candidates).
- Self attested photo copy of Driving licenses (candidate efficient in Driving and posses either light or heavy vehicle licenses).
- Self attested photo copy of discharge certificate (for ExService personnel).
- Self attested photo copy of enrolment of Home Guard (for Home Guard candidates) and completed 3 years of enrolment and undergone basic course of training.
- Three passport size colour photograph with self attestation in the back side of the photo (excluding the photograph pasted in the application form).
NOTE – Detailed information regarding advertisement for recruitment of Civil Constables will be available in the website of Odisha Police www.odishapolice.gov.in.