AP SET Notification 2018 Apply Online / AU SET Notification 2018 Eligibility / AP (AU) SET Notification 2018 Apply Online
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET-2018) for the Year 2018 will be conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, in accordance with G.O.Ms.No.47 Higher Education (CE) Dept dated: 02-12-2015 for recruitment and promotions of Lectures/Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges as per the University Grant Commission Regulations for the year 2018.
Eligible Candidates who wish to apply for APSET-2018 may submit their applications through online mode. The registration fee of Rs 1000/-(for General Category), Rs 800/-(for B.C. category) and Rs. 500/-(for SC/ST/PH/VH category) may paid towards the application registration and processing fee through payment gateway (Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking ) the detailed information regarding the eligibility,
Syllabus and model question paper, test centers, related instructions, fees for late submissions and procedures for online submission of application are available on the websites www.andhrauniversity.edu.in and www.apset.net.in.
AP SET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examinations from universities/institutions recognised by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination OR equivalent with at least 55% marks(50% marks in case of OBC(Non- creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD(persons with disability) category candidates. Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within one year from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates/documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to APSET office. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
Online Application Submission – APSET-2018 Applications should be submitted through online mode only. The Registration fee for online submission and late fee, if applicable may be paid through payment gateway(Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking).
AP SET 2018 Important dates
- APSET Notification – 22nd June 2018
- Commencement of Submission of Online Applications – 30th June 2018
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee) – July 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000+Registration Fee – 5th August 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs. 2,000+Registration Fee – 10th August 2018
- With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000+Registration Fee (Examination at Visakhapatnam Centre only) -1st September 2018
- Date of examination – 11th September
AP SET 2018 Examination Centers List
The APSET-2018 examination is conducted in 31 subjects for which UGC has granted permission. The list of subjects is as follows
- Log on Official Website www.apset.net.in/
- Click on the link for AP SET online registration and fill the online application form.
- Upload passport sized photograph and signature
- Check entered details carefully the submission of your online registration form.
- Download bank challan form from AP-SET website and deposit application fee in any branch of State Bank of Hyderabad along with bank charges (commission) of Rs 20/
- Two days after payment of application fee at SBH enter transaction details to complete registration procedure
- On successful completion of registration please take a printout of the AP SET online application form on A-4 size paper.
- Affix recent idenitical passport size photograph in the space indicated in the form and sign across the photograph.
- Get (xerox) photocopies of certificates duly attested by the Head of University Department/Principal of Colleges/Gazetted Officer. ( BC/SC/ST/PH/VH candidates must enclose the attested copy of the certificate for the same).
- The printout of online application form along with required documents must reach the Office of AP SET by person or through speed/registered post or courier.